Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My paw


So Mom and I went hiking today at our favorite place and it was so much fun. It was just the two of us and we got to go exploring! Well, at the end of our hike me being my adolescent, stubborn self decide to not listen to Mom and go sprinting off into the water (come on! Us newfies LOVE water!) and then into the other side of the river into the marsh. I think Mom was furious. But it was so worth it because I got to swim! So she dragged my fabulous tush back into the newf-mobile (hmmph!) and I guess my fun was over. Then she turns back and looks at me and I can see something was wrong. I heard her call Dad to tell him that I was bleeding and she comes back and examines my paw. I could see that she was scared, but I don't know why because I felt fine! Just some red stuff coming out from my paw. Then she immediately calls my vet and drove there right away. We got to be seen very quickly by Dr. Bailey and she was so nice to me. They ended up shaving my paw to see where I was bleeding from. Dr. B told Mom that I had a small laceration on my dew claw (I didn't even know I had one!) and she put 2 small staples on it. Then I got a wrap on my paw so it doesn't get dirty. They even put me on antibiotics! Geez! Well, I'm totally fine but my poor Mom was crying at the office (don't tell her I said that!). I went and gave her big kisses to let her know that I'm really okay. We came home after that and I got to chew on my big flossy and Mom gave me more hugs and kisses than she ever have before. Then Dad came home and did the same thing...gosh you guys, it's just a small paw cut!

Love,
Koda

3 comments:

  1. Oh Koda! Sorry about the paw! Your mom and dad are taking good care of you. Geeez, staples even. Be careful pal.

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if I were there I could sign your stocking! I guess people do that. I don't have a clue why, maybe it is to show that they cared enough to stop and see you....I hope you are able to get that stocking off soon. Be sure to give that sad look once in awhile....I hear it's good for a treat or two....ha ha. Get well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete